Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Active Release

While training for my first marathon way back in DC, I had trouble with the piriformis muscle. Basically, a major pain in the butt. Our "coach" directed me to a chiropractor specializing in Active Release Technique. Oh, the intense pain, but wow, what a quick recovery! Weeks later, I went back after my calf muscle seized up on me. The same guy figured out it was really caused by scar tissue in my foot. Sure enough, the problem was addressed and I was good to go. Why this recap?

Because...I (Steve) found a reputable A.R.T. guy in Great Falls, and I have an appointment scheduled for Friday!!! At first, it seemed crazy to drive 80 miles for an appointment, but I don't want just anyone messing with my achilles tendon. Plus, it probably took me just as long getting to an appointment when living in the city at rush hour! I'm looking forward to the pain if only to be able to run again. :)

1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

Yup, I'd go through a lot of pain if it meant I'd be able to run again (if I was off, which I am now.)