Sunday, February 1, 2009

Road Trip

Steve surprised me with a weekend trip to Bozeman as a cheer me up gesture and a break from our busy jobs. We stayed at the Best Western GranTree, a quiet place with a huge rooms, in room movies, indoor pool, and free drinks! Saturday included trips to the local fly fishing shops where Steve found treasure, and then we wandered around town just observing. Steve noticed an outdoor gear shop for women, Girls Outdoors, which I had to explore. Lots of SmartWool, Royal Robbins, Mountain Hardwear stuff. I didn't really need any winter gear, but bought a pair of funky SmartWool socks to support such a fun store. I'm definitely going back as soon as the summer stock arrives. It was a relaxing trip, and I'm glad we had the time together.

The ankle is improving. Funny how I can panic one day that an injury is never going to heal, then the next 24 hours brings dramatic change. The crutches found a hopefully permanent home in the closet on Friday. I was able to walk around Bozeman using just the stabilizing brace. The exercise was good. My Achilles had tightened up from lack of use and my left leg was sore from constantly supporting my body weight. I get to start some strengthening exercises today, with a short walk brace free. I'm optimistic about running soon, but know the risks of re spraining a sprain, so I'm doing recovery right this time.

Thanks for all the recovery support through emails, blog posts and calls. I appreciate the kindness and hopeful thoughts!

No comments: