Exercise is good for you. What a surprise. It's always amazed me how many people in the world avoid it like the plague. Well, I am walking (hobbling?) proof that 100% no exercise is NOT good for you.
1) I am gaining weight. Yep, in three week's time. And, other than drastically reducing the number of calories I take in, there's absolutely nothing I'm allowed to do about it right now. It's a miserable feeling.
2) My skin is a mess. I'm fearing a turn into a pimply teenager again.
3) I'm not sleeping well. Trouble falling asleep has always been a struggle, but the boot does not help with the STAYING asleep. I move in my sleep, the boot tangles in sheets, I wake up.
4) I'm moody and irritable. I've had an unusual experience at work that's not been pleasant, and I have no idea what to do with the extra cortisol flowing through my system.
5) Food cravings. Not exercising seems to encourage the desire for absolute junk food only intake, such as nachos, Big Macs, candy, cookies, etc.
Not really related to health, my house is an absolute mess due to my staggeringly slow movement. I can't bend, squat, sit or stand easily, which makes general chores much more difficult. And, I almost drove my car through the house trying to determine the correct amount of gas vs. brake to get the car in the garage properly. Now, I'm on self-limited driving privileges.
On a positive note, I did get a library card and checked out 3 books with several on reserve. I'm also more up to date on work related paperwork. At least my brain is getting a workout!