Sunday, August 2, 2009

The case from hell is done. After many months of hoping it would resolve itself, I did end up having to testify. I can't say I enjoyed it, but I do believe I learned some things about myself and how others operate. I DID enjoy the time spent with friends from the area. Cassi, Heidi and dog Molly ventured out for a pre-thunderstorm hike shortly after I arrived in Kalispell. Cassi is one of the those people in my world who can tolerate me when I'm an anxious, forgetful mess. Maybe she just got used to it after working with me at Summit? Plus, she's one of the few people I can really enjoy being around even when I'm in that state of mind. I forgot my camera that day so no pictures.

Monday night, I got to do some shopping at Sportsman's. Picked me up a 72 ounce bladder for my pack, a not needed sporty purse like thingy, and my much loved Smartwool socks. Then, headed out for Hike #2 with Danni, Leanne, and Callie (see above). We went up to Overlook in Herron Park, one of the new trails to the area. This one looks over Foys Lake. Fun to catch up with these ladies!

After that was dinner and a drink with Andrea. I think I was finally hungry after days of nerve induced starvation. Sorry Andrea for pigging out in front of you, but it was so fun to catch up! Best of luck in your new job. Tuesday morning, I had breakfast with Jessica. Thanks for sharing good news and making me laugh. It's always good to re-connect with you!



On the way home, I drove through Glacier National Park, one of my favorite places. Since our move, I hadn't been back. It was a hazy, but fire free day, with lots of clouds building up. I stopped to take a couple pictures, but they never really capture the moment. It was a peaceful place for reflection. Soon after, a big storm hit and I drove in ferocious winds the remainder of the way to Great Falls.
As for Great Falls, it remains a place I don't much like to be, BUT the Active Release Doc is there and it's been soooo helpful. Crazy painful, but good. I'm still not running, but no longer have the dreaded catch in the Achilles.

Upon return home, I picked up Buddy from the kennel. He'd had to spend the night, and boy was he happy to see me! I finally had to sit on the floor at the animal clinic so he could curl up in my lap. Unfortunately, he didn't eat or sleep the whole time he was there.
We did a quick clean of the house, and had a short visit from Berni. Always lovely to see you Berni, and I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.


The very next day, my parents and in-laws drove in from North Dakota and Nebraska. We did some sight seeing and lots of eating. We took in the boat ride to the Gate of the Mountains. Although it was a trip through a very beautiful area, I'm not all that impressed with the tour. The trip was delayed an hour due to a broken boat, our tour guy sounded like he was getting over bronchitis or developing COPD, the quarters were tight, and it was way too long to sit like that. There was a brief (10 minute) reprieve near Man Gulch. I used the time to book it up the trail, trying to get to the Overlook before the horn sounded. I didn't make it due to the achilles problem and running in sandals, but it was worth the effort just to be out of the dang boat. I then fell asleep on the way back.


Here's the family waiting for the boat...we should have followed the lead of the people behind us. They had a cooler of beer. Smart.

Next up - pictures of the great dining room and kitchen renovation. It was a full family effort!


1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

I LOVE Smartwool socks too. Too bad they're so expensive, huh?

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry Buddy wasn't happy in the kennel. Glad it was only one night. ;)