Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Perspective?

It's been kind of nice to slow down. With no races planned while I completely recover from this injury, I'm able to just play. I've been keeping workouts around one hour almost daily. Sometimes the hour involves a lot of hiking, some days a nice run on flat trail, one day an angry run against the wind, or cross training at the gym, etc. Pretty sweet, actually.



With a warm, still Sunday morning, I decided to spend a long time outside. There's been a lot to think about - the loss of a childhood friend, the purchase of a house, an uncertainty looming that I'll keep quiet about for now, more uncertainty about how I handled a recent situation... What better way to mull it all over than on trails?




Two hours were spent running what I could run and hiking the rest. Steve joined me for the last 5 miles and we explored a beautiful area that is new to us both. All of these pictures were of things seen along the way.



I'm a little uncertain how this bone got in this tree, but found it interesting...

This was one very angry bird as I hiked on through...

A peaceful day.

2 comments:

Danni said...

Hmmm. We need to chat!!!

Leanne said...

I too am curious about these "uncertainties". I'll assume it's nothing too stressful (fingers crossed), since you sound so happy and life seems so great for you right now.