Sunday, January 11, 2009

Change in Plans

This weekend was supposed to be our local Fat Ass 50k. Leanne and Danni were coming down to run it with me, and to watch Anton on DVD. Unfortunately, the weather around here warmed up dramatically, which melted all of the snow and then turned it to ice. Although it was the right (meaning safe) decision for the girls to stay home, I was soooo sad. I think my loving husband was even more sad for me. He took me out for a nice dinner, bought me a book and magazine, rented a movie with a big movie theatre sized box of Junior Mints.

And I didn't get to enjoy any of it! I got the WORST stomach bug ever experienced in this lifetime. So bad in fact, that Steve ventured out at 3 am to get a prescription to stop all of the nasty things that were happening to me. It's now Sunday, and I'm once again under blankets "resting." Most of you know I'm not so good at that. Stupidly, I thought I was normal this morning, so jumped out of bed, washed the sheets and towels, decontaminated the bathroom and garbage can, ate some toast, and then almost passed out. I guess that means I won't be running today?

On to the good news...Rebecca finished the Walt Disney Marathon today! As you might remember, she raised money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society with Team in Training. Go here to read her blog or here to help Rebecca meet her fundraising goal. Way to go Rebecca - can't wait to hear about your experience!

No comments: