Sunday, April 25, 2010

Still Sore

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments and emails this week. I've got to get me a foam roller.

When Buddy and I left the house yesterday morning, the plan was to run 8 miles on trails. Unfortunately, the bugger of a hip flexor continues to cause me discomfort. After running through pain with previous injuries - I knew enough to STOP. Instead of running, we hiked up to Mt. Ascension, watching the trail running group go by with envy.

**PLUG-DON'T FENCE ME IN is coming up on May 8th!!!**

It was a beautiful morning though and we enjoyed our trip up. The hiking must have stretched out my hip because I was having no pain. I changed plans and headed down the other side and added on a 5 mile run. Afterwards, Steve and I bought and planted a few more annuals and perennials for the front yard. We are waiting impatiently to see what comes up for our first Spring in the new home!

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Definitely go get a foam roller - it has helped me manage my IT Band and hip issues quite well. Make sure to get one with a firm cover or it will break down too quickly. It is uncomfortable at first, but your muscles soon become accustomed to the feeling and it is not bad. I use it more than stretching. Hope you get some relief soon!

Anne said...

Yay for hiking...glad it helped your hip feel better!